In the laboratory of marine food chemistry, it is engaged in the following research topics:
1. Study on search for novel physiological active substances from marine resources.
2. Studies on production of rare sugars from seaweed polysaccharides and evaluation of their physiological functions.
3. Studies on structural analysis and physiological functions of seaweed polyphenols (phlorotannins).
4. Study on development of method for quantitative analysis of marine physiological active substance using mass spectrometer (e.g., LC-MS,GC-MS)
5. Study on biorefinery using marine resources.