History

Chronology

Dec 1921 Mie Higher Agricultural and Forestry School.
Apr 1944 Mie Agricultural and Forestry College.
May 31 1949 Mie University Faculty of Liberal Arts (Training Course for Primary School Teachers, Training Course for Junior High School Teachers) and Faculty of Agriculture (Department of Agriculture, Department of Civil Agriculture, Department of Forestry, Department of Agricultural and Industrial Production)founded.
University Library, attached High School, Junior High School, Primary School, Kindergarten established in Faculty of Liberal Arts. Experimental Farm and Forest possessed in Faculty of Agriculture. (The Predecessors had been Mie Normal School, Mie Normal School for Youth School Teachers and Mie Higher Agricultural and Forestry College.)
Mar 31 1951 Mie Higher Agricultural and Forestry College closed.
Apr 1 1951 Agriculture of Special Course founded.
Mar 31 1953 Attached High School closed.
Apr 4 1953 Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture and Industrial Production reorganized Department of Agricultural Chemistry. Department of General Agriculture Founded.
Jul 1 1955 Agriculture of One-year Graduate Courses founded.
Apr 1 1964 Department of Agricultural Machinery, Faculty of Agriculture founded and Department of General Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture closed.
Apr 1 1965 Faculty of Agriculture Course System adopted.
Mar 31 1966 Agriculture of One-year Graduate Courses closed.
Apr 1 1966 Master's Course, Agriculture of Graduate School founded.
Apr 1 1970 Experimental Farm moved to the current Takanoo area.
May 1 1972 Faculty of Fisheries (Department of Fisheries) founded. (Transferred from Mie Prefectural University.)
Apr 1 1974 Fisheries Research Laboratory, Faculty of Fisheries established.
Apr 1 1976 Master's Course, Fisheries of Graduate School founded.
Apr 1 1979 Faculty of Fisheries Training Ship "SEISUI MARU" possesed.
Oct 1 1987 Faculty of Bioresources (Institute of Bioresources) founded. (Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Fisheries integrated and reorganized.)
Experimental Farm, Experimental Forest, Training Ship "SEISUI MARU"possessed and Fisheries Research Laboratory established in Faculty of Bioresources.
Apr 1 1988 Master's Course, Bioresources of Graduate School founded.
Mar 31 1989 Fisheries of Graduate School closed.
Sep 30 1989 Agriculture of Graduate School closed.
Apr 1 1991 Doctoral Course, Bioresources of Graduate School founded.
Mar 31 1992 Faculty of Fisheries closed.
Mar 31 1993 Faculty of Agriculture closed.
Apr 1 2000 Faculty of Bioresources reorganized. Three departments founded.
Apr 2002 Kii Kuroshio Bio-regional Field Science Center(Farm Station, Forest Station, Fisheries Research Station) renewed.